We provided a submission to the Senate Standing Committees on Education and Employment's Fair Work Amendment (Paid Family and Domestic Violence Leave) Bill 2022 Inquiry on 18 August 2022.
In this submission, we identified a number of areas that required clarification to help ensure that Digital Service Providers (DSPs) correctly understand the entitlement and therefore can support their end users (i.e. employers, payroll managers) when managing paid family and domestic violence leave. Our feedback touched on the following points:
- How to deduct paid family and domestic violence leave given the entitlement is expressed in hours
- The interaction of paid family and domestic violence leave with other leave types including unpaid leave and other accruing leave
- Displaying paid family and domestic violence leave on a pay slip
- Potential confusion with casual employee entitlement to paid family and domestic violence leave
- Challenges with implementing in an existing financial year
Access a full copy of this submission here.