Following the release of the joint Discussion Paper 'Early thinking: Operational governance for trans-Tasman e-Invoicing' requesting consideration and feedback from key stakeholders, ABSIA prepared a submission on behalf of our members and relevant industry stakeholders.
The submission considered issues and topics around:
- Australia's role in the global and regional trade context;
- Australia's potential to be the world leader in providing e-invoicing solutions on an interoperable open standards platform;
- The advantages and disadvantages of different types of legal personalities;
- Stakeholder and participant interests, roles, responsibilities and decision rights;
- Accountabilities, risks and liabilities;
- Operational continuity, reliability and sustainability and;
- Cost-effectiveness and funding.
The submission collated feedback on the above considerations and the questions outlined in the discussion paper from software developers, e-invoicing providers and businesses currently using e-invoicing.
Access a full copy of the submission here.