We made a submission to the Department of Home Affairs consultation on the Draft Critical Infrastructure Asset Definition Rules on 14
DSPANZ believes that many of our members will be affected by the legislation and asset definition rules as they:
- Provide services to entities likely to be classified as critical infrastructure assets;
- Operate in critical infrastructure sectors; and
- Transact sensitive tax and financial data.
Given the potential impacts on our members, we would like to work with the Department of Home Affairs to minimise these impacts, where
appropriate, and to ensure that the business software industry is supported through this process.
Other issues raised in the following pages of this submission include:
- The need for more information around how assets may be taken into and out of the critical infrastructure asset definition for a sector as threat landscapes evolve;
- Making more information available to assets and their ecosystems about liability, potential costs and proposed transition time frames; and
- Home Affairs should leverage existing industry practices to avoid excessive regulation.
Access a full copy of this submission here.