On behalf of the DSPANZ Board and staff, I would like to thank our members for their support and involvement in our association this
Continuing on from the extremely busy and unusual year that was 2020, this year proved to be no different but there has been many positives along the way for both the software industry and DSPANZ as an organisation. Over the past year it has been encouraging to see government agencies realise the benefits of working with our industry on policy and projects to achieve better outcomes for Digital Service Providers, employers and businesses, and of course the citizens of Australia and New Zealand.
Here's a snapshot of some of our activities this year:
- Rebranded to the Association of Digital Service Providers Australia New Zealand
- Creation of the NZ Digital Advisory Group or "DAG"
- Hosted our first two Webinar Weeks in March and October
- We worked quickly to defer commencement of STP2 from it's initial date of 1 July 2021 to 1 January 2022
- We partnered with ABS to work on a "data hackathon" as a proof of concept of the ABS's ability to use DSP APIs to collect survey data for SMEs. This project received a rare glowing acknowledgement by the Senators at Estimates
- Working with DTA on Digital Identity to ensure that there is an understanding of DSP use cases in a B2B environment and that the enabling legislation is suitable for this
- AGD approach us to set up an equivalent of the Strategic Working Group to assist with their RegTech roadmap
- Operational Security Framework and SSAM reviews and investigating opportunities for the use of the SSAM in other areas
- Assisting our sister association, GATE - the Gateway Association and Transaction Exchange, by providing secretariat services under contract
- We onboarded 25 new members
- We have seen many more members become involved in the Association through sub-committees and representative activities
- Addition of two new part-time staff members
It has been a fulfilling year and 2022 is sure to be yet another year of growth and change for DSPANZ. I look forward to the opportunity to meet with members and stakeholders on both sides of the Tasman in 2022.
President on behalf of the 2021 DSPANZ Board.
Happy Holidays - DSPANZ Closure
The DSPANZ Board and Staff wish you all a safe and joyful holiday season and our best wishes for the new year.
PLEASE NOTE: DSPANZ will be closed from 24 December 2021 until 7 January 2022 (inclusive). Until then, please continue to engage with DSPANZ on social media and participate on the Forum.