DSPANZ sent letters to incoming Aotearoa New Zealand Ministers in early 2024, congratulating them on their respective appointments following the 2023 general election.
In these letters, we introduced DSPANZ and our members, noting how they significantly contribute to the technological landscape on both sides of the Tasman. We also highlighted our eagerness to work with the offices of the Ministers below and how insights from the business software sector could be invaluable in shaping future policies and initiatives affecting tax, accounting and payroll processes.
We provided letters to the following Ministers who are of interest to Digital Service Providers (DSPs):
- Minister for Digitising Government and Minister of Science, Innovation and Technology - Judith Collins
- Minister for Small Business and Manufacturing and Minister of Commerce and Consumer Affairs - Andrew Bayly
- Minister for Workplace Relations and Safety - Brooke van Velden
- Minister of Finance - Nicola Willis
- Minister of Revenue - Simon Watts
DSPANZ wishes the new Ministers every success and that their tenure is marked by achievement and progress, contributing to a thriving and prosperous Aotearoa New Zealand.