Logo

www.dspanz.org Twitter Linked In

January Newsletter

After a big year in 2021, I’d like to wish you a Happy New Year as DSPANZ President. It is my honour to have been re-elected as President of this prospering Association for another year in 2022.

The beginning of the year means some changes to the DSPANZ Board. We welcome back Mike Behling from MYOB, after a year’s hiatus. I’m also pleased to introduce Allen Knight of Taxlab based in Auckland and Belinda Stewart of Paypac based in Perth who are new members of our Board and joining the re-elected Directors Simone Dixon from ELMO, Matthew Prouse from Xero and Andrew Stirling from Tanda. New faces means that we also have departing Directors and bid farewell to Sreeni Pillamarri, Brad Stockman, Michael Ross and Marjukka Maki-Hokkonen. I thank each of them for their many and valuable contributions to DSPANZ over the last several years.

It’s been great to see increased involvement from members over the past year as well as continuing to grow our relationships with government agencies and other stakeholders. We look forward to another productive year and expanding our relationships with government and industry both here in Australia and across the Tasman in New Zealand.

Our mission is to support members to inform government policies and develop solutions that optimise business and economic outcomes in New Zealand and Australia. The Board will be meeting shortly to plan our 2022 Strategy. I welcome any feedback from members and stakeholders about what activities and priorities you would like to see for DSPANZ and the broader Industry. Please connect with the Board via LinkedIn, or feel free to get in touch with me directly at simon.foster@dspanz.org.

Simon Foster, DSPANZ President 

DSPANZ News

Meet our New Director Belinda Stewart

Get to know our new Director Belinda Stewart. Following our AGM late last year, Belinda has joined the DSPANZ Board. Outside of DSPANZ Belinda is the Business Engagement Manager at Paypac Payroll Services Pty Ltd and in 2021 was asked to join the Government & Stakeholder Relations subcommittee as a Western Australia representative.  

Read More...

Meet our New Director Allen Knight

Get to know our new Director Allen Knight. Following our AGM, Allen has also joined the Board. Outside of DSPANZ Allen is the CEO at Taxlab and became involved with DSPANZ when his organisation saw an increasing need in the New Zealand tax and accounting community to collaborate in a structured manner with the New Zealand government and regulators through an organisation like DSPANZ rather than directly.

Read More

Industry News 

DTA Digital Identity EOI 

The Digital Transformation Agency (DTA) have recently released an expression of interest (EOI) for organisations wanting to learn more about Digital Identity. Participation in the EOI will help the DTA to understand your organisation’s interest in seeking accreditation and/or participating in the Australian Government Digital Identity System (the System) in the future. This EOI is open until 5.00pm AEDT on 4 March 2022. Visit eoi.digitalidentity.gov.au for further information.

ATO API Developer Portal Webinar

The ATO are hosting a webinar on the API Developer Portal on 24 January 2022 from 2 - 3pm AEDT. This webinar will be hosted by ATO director Michael Ferris who will provide a walkthrough of the API developer portal. You can register for the webinar here.

DSPANZ Spokesperson on Development of the BER

DSPANZ’s e-invoicing spokesperson, Matt Lewis, noted that DSPANZ supports the creation of the BER which will assist in increasing the uptake of e-invoicing across Australia and called the development a 'step in the right direction'. You can read the full article here.  

Until next time,

The Team at DSPANZ.

217 Flinders Street, Adelaide SA 5000
Don't want to receive our e-mails? Unsubscribe here
© 2024 DSPANZ. All right reserved.