www.absia.asn.au Twitter Linked In

January Newsletter

After a tumultuous 2020, it's my privilege to wish you a Happy New Year as ABSIA President, after being elected by our Board late last year. It is an honour to take up the chair of a thriving industry association after the great work of my predecessors, Founding Chair and Life Member, David Field; Karen Lay-Brew and Chris Howard. 

We have an enlarged Board and broader representation of different parts of the industry, company size, and individual background. I'm particularly pleased that we also now have a Director based in NZ, and look forward to expanding our partnership with MBIE and NZIRD. In addition to our strong relationship with the ATO, we will continue to partner with other stakeholders including the Fair Work Commission, Treasury, ACCC, DTA, COSBOA, Department of Home Affairs, Australian Cyber Security Centre, CPA Australia, Institute of Certified Bookkeepers and Services Australia to deliver value for Digital Service Providers on both sides of the Tasman. 

The Board will be meeting shortly to plan our 2021 Strategy, and I welcome any feedback from members and stakeholders about what activities and priorities you would like to see for the Association and broader Industry. We're here to represent you, so please do connect with the Board via LinkedIn, or feel free to reach out to me directly on simon.foster@absia.asn.au.

Learn more about Simon here

ABSIA News

FinTech RegTech Issues Paper 2 Submission 2021 Board & New Directors

ABSIA would like to introduce our Board for 2021 and welcome new Directors - Andrew Stirling, Ann White, Chris Denney, Emma Dobson and Sreeni Pillamarri.

The Board for 2021 is as follows:
  • Simon Foster - President and Chair
  • Matthew Prouse - Director and Vice President
  • Chris Denney - Director
  • Chris Howard - Director
  • Marjukka Mäki-Hokkonen - Director
  • Sreeni Pillamarri - Director
  • Michael Ross - Director
  • Andrew Stirling - Director
  • Ann White - Director
  • Emma Dobson - Co-Opted Director
  • Ian Gibson - Co-Opted Director
  • Brad Stockman - Co-Opted Director

Mike Behling (MYOB) will also be continuing his work with the Board as the Secretary for 2021. 

STP Legislative
Instrument Letter to Ministers

STP Legislative Instrument Letter to Ministers

On Friday 11 December, following the release of the draft Single Touch Payroll (STP) Phase 2 Legislative Instrument, ABSIA sent the Hon. Stuart Robert MP and the Hon. Michael Sukkar MP a letter requesting a minimum 12 month deferral on the legislative instrument commencement date. 
Read More
FinTech RegTech Issues Paper 2 Submission

Past Submissions

In December, ABSIA contributed two submissions to open consultations. Find more information about each of these submissions below. 
  • FinTech RegTech Issues Paper 2
  • Digital Identity Legislation

Keep an eye out on industry consultations that ABSIA is responding to here

Industry News

STP Legislative Instrument Letter
to Ministers

Passing of Jane King

The ABSIA Board would like to acknowledge the passing of ATO Deputy Commissioner Jane King in December. Jane was instrumental in the creation of the ATO's Digital Partnership Office and provided support to ABSIA in our early years even as she moved into the Deputy Commissioner role. 
Read More

Events

Annual Conference 2021

Webinar Week 22 - 26 March

This year ABSIA is hosting our first ever Webinar Week running from the 22nd to the 26th of March. Over the week, ABSIA will be joined by a range of industry and Government speakers. Take a sneak peek at the speakers and sessions below. More details and registration will be made available soon.
Read More

Until next time,
The Team at ABSIA.

Copyright © 2021 ABSIA, All right reserved.
217 Flinders Street, Adelaide SA 5000

Our Website:
www.absia.asn.au
Don't want to receive our e-mails? Unsubscribe here | Privacy Policy