Anti Money Laundering (AML)
Guidance Payroll & Money Transfer Australia
Live Webinar on Friday 15 October at 2.00pm - 2.40pm (AEDT)
Proudly Sponsored by
In this session, guest presenter Vineet Mishra covered:
- Payroll Processor in Scope for AML under AUSTRAC
- A Quick Comparison with USA
AML Compliance obligations of the Payroll Processing System (PPS)
1. Essence of Applicable AMP Laws
2. Why we need to understand AML issues surrounding to PPS
- Applicable Sections of AML Laws
- Need for effective AML Program implementation
- Snapshot recent cases and controversies
Members can access the webinar recording and materials below. Non member attendees will have received an email with instructions on how to access the materials.
About the Speaker
Vineet Mishra is Alacer's Executive Director for Risk & Compliance Technology. Vineet brings over 16+ years of technology experience in building and running high-availability, large-scale enterprise systems within the Banking and Financial domain. As a results-oriented executive, he specialises in the development and implementation of Anti-Money Laundering (AML) software suites across the US, Canada, Southeast Asia, and Australia. Vineet's leadership roles in consulting projects include successful completion of custom developed applications (complex in business process), security reviews spanning multiple continents, and establishing IT service delivery management programs across several geographies. His proudest outcomes are ones in which relatively small IT investments resulted in significant returns for the business and customers: successfully launching a custom developed application in 10 countries (scalable to 40 countries) in very short span of time, automating a business (franchise model) nationwide, with 55 territories to a complete cloud infrastructure and delivering Big Data visualization across thousands of servers worldwide make real-time service quality assurance a reality. Select responsibilities include:
- Developing and leading the strategic direction and development of ‘Alacer Technology Products’ and leading other Technology services offerings
- Ongoing development and implementation of Alacer Technology Products including Velocity FinCrime Solutions Suite and Country Risk Model.
- Advising and support clients for model validation and turning Business and key partnership development (National & International).
- Leading the Robotic Process Automation (RPA) practice.
- Implementation and testing of 3rd party Technology Products.
Vineet is a Certified Agile Scrum Master; earned certificates in ITIL and LEAN and holds a Masters in Commerce and International Business Administration from Indian Institute of Management.